那一段日子 - Chervie何憶文

First song that i have chosen : 那一段日子 by 巫启贤

My dad loves this song so much....I miss him, we miss him always...


" Be the kind of woman who in the face of adversity will continue to embrace life and walk fearlessly towards the challenge." by Oprah Winfrey


A piece of meaningful advice..

Nothing had ever hit me quite so hard as driving behind the ambulance that was taking my daddy to the hospital. I caught a glimpse of the note my dad had scribbled " Please do take good care of mom and your brothers.."

He was unable to move on his own and was connected to an antibiotic syringe on his hands, which requiring complex care 24 hours. It was my dad's worst fear come to life. That morning he was admitted that he had a life-threatening disease : pancreatic cancer. He shook his head in despair, felt like cars stopped at a red light that never turned green.

Overnight, his life was reduced to a bed and a body with vacant eyes that announced," Am i gonna recover soon?". I agonized, to someone I love and dependent on. I don't dare to look at him straight to his eyes, never again I would feel the warmth of being his loving daughter again. Grief stalked me a the oddest moments.

We were in his funeral procession week after that. I couldn't bring myself to see his body. I hope he's still alive. I miss him. Always will.

I smiled to myself, Dad's heart was home. At long last, so was mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

人生中的"Wrong Man"

"My Love Story" is my first ever song...