Holding On to Dreams 小小的夢想




Standing at the board writing down some of my assignment, I hear snatches of conversation from group of my colleagues playing a game called life..
Their play has led to a discussion about what they want to be when they have reach 30 years old. One of them confidently announced she's going to be a mother with 2 children. Another said she wanna train animal for movies.. And they turn to me and said :" Did you always wanted to be a singer?"
I purposely drop the eraser and bend to pick it up, stalling for time while I think of an answer. I respond," Well, Actually I dream to be a singer as well as an actress." These girls roar with laughter and stating the dream that I have is not pragmatic.
I feel a little guilty because I wasn't totally truthful. But how do you tell the girls reared in a world of female professional athletes, politicians, astronauts and fighter pilots that their colleague's greatest aspiration for her future was to be?
The aspiration of achieving the elegance and charm inspired me to take beauty workshop where I desperately tried to walk balancing a book on my head and sit without crossing my legs at the knee and etc.. Silly or not? :P
Dreams are important.. Without them, little girls wouldn't grow up to be chemical engineers, dog-trainer or teachers and so. As with all children who have ever dreamed, some will hold on to their dreams and make them come true, and some will not. But many of their dreams will change..Mine did.. I found a new dream, which is totally a new thing in my life..and I thinking I'm gonna make it happen this time.
We must go after our wish. As soon as we start to pursue a dream, our life wakes up and everything has meaning. Rediscover the passion in our own way - passionate self is just waiting to be invited back into our life.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh.. after I heard your "deng deng" in MyFm.. has been searching searching for you in the internet but cant find haha... finally today found something about you!

And, wanted to say, I like your voice and the song you sing very much!!

Keep it up!!

Popular posts from this blog

人生中的"Wrong Man"

那一段日子 - Chervie何憶文

"My Love Story" is my first ever song...