A Little Time Off 累了,好想歇一歇

There is a connection between self-nurturing and self-respect..

I woke up feeling cranky..I didn't wanna wake up to go gym..I didnt wanna go to work although my work was piling up..I didn't wanna do anything that resembled responsible behavior. It was that kinda day..

As I drank coffee, although I felt a headache coming up..Yes, there was hang over..Maybe I should go back to bed until it subsided. As I put my clothes into my gym beg, it seemed that my muscles were beginning to ache, or was the ache from my heart?I absolutely should be in bed.

I shuffled back to bed, wiggled under the covers and shut my eyes. Haha..another couple of hours of sleep would be good enough..I ought to get up.

On my way to the car..There was that headache and the beginning of a sniffle..What if i was contagious? The gym thingy could wait or probably do it after work..

Maybe I wasn't actually getting the flu nor headache. To be Truthful, all I wanted was a little time off. I needed to nurture myself away from people, chores, career and the outside world. Did I have to wait to be sick to do that? Did I have to manufacture symptoms to provide myself with an excuse?Sigh..

I need a day off. Accept it. Toss out the guilt and enjoy a mini vacation. :) Pamper myself? To be back, refreshed physically, mentally & emotionally..

I had given myself permission to listen & respond to my own needs, to care for myself the way I tended to my family.

I didn't need the crutch of illness to justify a rest. It was such a simple awareness, but then isn't it the simple things that set us free?

休息是为了要走更漫长的路....停下来, 或许心情会好一些..

Comments

Unknown said…
不用担心的,人生众多高低起伏,慢慢适应了,就不会那么辛苦。

人生有目标,即使活得累,也是还有价值的。

Popular posts from this blog

人生中的"Wrong Man"

那一段日子 - Chervie何憶文

"My Love Story" is my first ever song...